Saturday, October 10, 2009

7 days of hell and ‘m alive on my proteins again.

I believe in a glamorous lifestyle and really tried hard to incur one.

That’s absolutely for no reason and justification to my family for why ‘m I killing my immunity day after day. I was around 34” in waist before I joined my college. That was all the love and nurture my mom and granny bestowed on their lado.I am a Punjabi girl, there is a typical weird problem in our families that they stuff their kids to the extent they are ready to obtain a new merchandise from VLCC after around 16 years of hoggy investment. If you draw stats for obese percentages on type of families, Punjabis would definitely top the list.

I remember the embarrassing day, when I went shopping for my first day of college and couldn’t find a costume which could fit my size. Later, addressed as aunty on the first day of college by some rowdy group of ragging seniors. It was hellllll!!!

That was a day and after 26 months, when I was flattered to date on most weekends.

This time it was my hostel mess which won the crown. The package wasn’t for free, I had a serious immunity attack for my unhealthy slimming down.

I went on; it took a good 3 months for me to gain a 2” in waist after almost 1 year of engagement with my BF. On his continuous disbelief on the girl, he proposed was 2” slimmer got above head and I fell to dieting again. I didn’t want to lose a tentative husband for good food. If you ladies don’t believe me, you will be at loss; your weight is inversely proportional to the speed of the dating vehicle. And no guy would like to have a low mileage bike except it is designed so like Enfield.

I lost a good 6 kilos in 2 weeks before my marriage. I was on my custom diet plan of flax seeds and green tea to carry my day, followed by loads of salads. I cut down on rice and chapattis totally. Family as usual started to point on my diet which I would never understand. They want the stats which are impossible, 28” would be too thin and 29” would be too fat to stand. But why listen to others when it is your body??

Recently, my husband and I fell to the pangs of viral. It was hell each day, as if some bad omen fell on my happy family. Both of us bed ridden, checking each other’s temperatures every now and then. We lived on milk and apples. He took 4 days to recover and I am still recovering. Everyone blamed me for the viral as if I air bourned the virus of my dieting. I am tired to explain that it is not the salads which caused the viral, but it definitely didn’t help recover soon. In verge of having a good physique, I lost on the stamina. I had a 6 minutes backup. This backup made me capable of making tea and lemon-honey daily. After constant stuffing by Aayi from last few days, the backup has improved considerably to sit in office for 7 hours. I black out after debugging the code for 20 mins continuously.

I am on my way to be fit but I didn’t give up on my protein diet, as I understand not to blame my diet for viruses. But, I understood that this viral thing is hell—God forbid you from viral. Smaller the microbe and it can suck you out of energy and confidence.

But hell which I faced on my first day of college was anytime much painful and non forgetful than the 7 day viral I faced now.

5 comments:

  1. Thoroughly enjoyed reading it.... and haha...bike, mileage and Enfield... the way you linked a girl and boy relationship with words like Mileage and bikes was awesome.. Keep writing!! :)..tc

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha..nice one..
    thanks for the nice read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think ur dieting for the wrong reasons...u shud diet for ur health, not for how you'd look...

    Cheers
    CRD

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Rohit - Thanks for the comment. yeah..but boys will be boys.
    @Sorcerer- Thanks.
    @CRD- Dieting can be healthy,I take care of that. But rice and roti are just the recovering agents, they don't add much nutrients to the body.Health and physique are very much related.There is nothing like a healthy Paunch :)
    Thanks for the comment..keep dropping. Tc

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting posts ,diets should be slow and steady.

    ReplyDelete

Read the whole story..??
I shall be pleased to know..what you say about it!